Teen Killed, Her Baby Cut From Womb; Husband Asks, ‘Why Did These Bad People Do This?’

The husband of Marlen Ochoa-Lopez has spoken out after the woman was found dead in a Chicago home several weeks after she went missing. Her baby was forcibly removed from her body, said police.

She was nine months’ pregnant when she went missing on April 23, and her body was found his week, according to the Cook County, Illinois, medical examiner’s office, CNN reported. Her cause of death was strangulation.

“Why did these people, why did these bad people do this? She did nothing to them,” said Yovani Lopez, her husband, reported the Chicago Tribune. “She was a good person.”

He added that his family is “to have justice with those responsible.”

“We’re going to go hard after them. We won’t let it go,” Lopez said.

Police said they are questioning four people, including a 46-year-old woman who messaged Ochoa-Lopez via a Facebook group for mothers, the Tribune reported. Meanwhile, The Associated Press reported that three people were taken into custody.

Police said the baby is in serious condition, and according to AP, the baby isn’t expected to survive. Her family named the child Yadiel, ABC News reported.

Police have not provided the names of any suspects.

“We believe that she was murdered, and we believe that the baby was forcibly removed following that murder,” said Anthony Guglielmi, a Chicago police spokesman, to CNN.

The day that Ochoa-Lopez disappeared, the Chicago Fire Department got a call about a newborn at the same address where she was found. The baby was taken to the hospital along with a mother who claimed to be the mother.

“It’s to my knowledge that she is not the mother, and that’s all I have for you,” Larry Langford, a fire department spokesman, told CNN.

According to AP, Ochoa-Lopez’s body was discovered on May 15.

Later, Ochoa-Lopez’s family got confirmation that the baby belongs to her, said Jacobita Cortes, a pastor at Adalberto Memorial United Methodist Church in Chicago, according to CNN.

She was seen three weeks ago after leaving Latino Youth High School and was supposed to pick up her 3-year-old son from daycare. She never showed up, officials said.

The Tribune reported that she communicated with a woman via the Facebook group. A 46-year-old woman told her “my girl has all brand new boy clothes her son never wore,” according to a screenshot provided by her family.

“Yes girl thats fine thank you so much,” Ochoa-Lopez said.

“No problem girl,” the woman told her. “I know how it is she was lucky to have two baby showers so she just loves to spread the wealth I’m fine with the help inbox me for more info ok.”

Go to Source
Author: Jack Phillips